The Divine Word College of Bangued or DWCB was founded in 1920 by Fr. Theodore Buttenbruch, SVD who felt the need of a catholic school in Bangued, the capital town of the province of Abra. With the help of some prominent men in the parish, a coeducational school, named Colegio del Sagrado Corazon (CSC) opened its doors in a rented house. In June 1923, the school was entrusted to the Sister Servants of the Holy Spirit (SSpS) who came to establish their community in Bangued. The old convent (the Holy Spirit Academy at present) was given as their cloister and utilized for additional classrooms.
|Motto||Scientia et Virtus|
|Type||Private Catholic College|
|Affiliation||DWEA, CEAP, PAASCU, ESC|
|President||Rev. Fr. Gil T. Manalo, SVD|
|Location||Bangued, Abra, PhilippinesPhilippines|
|Hymn||DWCB Alma Mater Hymn|
|Colors||red, yellow, blue|